This whole Bourbon Chase shindig is just a few hours away. In a couple of hours, I’ll pile into a van with some other crazy runners that I’ve only met once. Since I don’t know any of my teammates, I e-mailed them with a short “getting to know you” survey (and yes, I told them it would be posted on the blog) and here are 4 out of our 12 runners:
- Profession: Strength and Conditioning Coach at Transylvania University: http://www.TransySports.com and Personal Trainer with bodyFIT, Inc. http://www.bodyFITworldwide.com
- Goals for “The Chase”: Simply to finish my legs of the race.
- If you were an ice cream flavor, which one would you be, and why? I would be Rocky Road, because I’m a little nuts every once in a while.
Jonathan Messick, 26
- Profession: Owner of bodyFIT, Inc. http://www.bodyFITworldwide.com
- Goal for “The Chase”: Make it through the first leg! I have a double leg that has some major hills!
- If you were an ice cream flavor, which one would you be, and why? I would be anything at Orange Leaf because I like Orange Leaf.
- Profession: Golf Course Superintendent
- Goals for “The Chase: Have Fun!
- If you were an ice cream flavor, which one would you be, and why? Perhaps Scott doesn’t like ice cream, or perhaps this was a stupid question!
Holly Cooper, 23
- Profession: Wife, part-time Student at UK, front desk associate at Body Structure, and nanny to a precious little boy!
- Goal for “The Chase”: To not cry on my long run in the middle of the night. But really, to run and to have a blast with my awesome teammates!
- If you were an ice cream flavor, which one would you be, and why? I would be my own flavor: Pumpkin Ice Cream with a fudge swirl (like in Moosetracks) with miniature Reese’s cups (like in Moosetracks). So basically, pumpkin flavored Moosetracks. Or I would be vanilla.
Last night, The Bourbon Chase kickoff was held at Victorian Square. Bourbon was served and we got a chance to meet one another. Our wonderful Van 1 team consists of: Myself, Cindy, Brock, Adam, Scott and Grant. I’m excited to spend 24 stinky hours with these great people. I’m definitely the baby of the group, but that doesn’t bother me one bit! Scott and Adam have also started blogs, and hopefully you’ll be able to follow along with us as we Chase some Bourbon!I’m all packed and ready to go, want to see what I’m bringing? I made a list and packed what was on the list (I’m notorious for forgetting things or for over packing):
The weather this weekend is supposed to be SUPERB! Check it out!I also made sure to pack enough Gluten-Free snacks! I whipped up these Pumpkin Muffins that the fabulous @MissHebbe sent me! Here’s a link to the original recipe– I just subbed in Bob’s Red Mill GF Baking Mix and added a pinch of xanthan gum! Delish!
And that powdery stuff on the left? Homemade “Gatorade” mix from this website!Silas really doesn’t want me to leave, so he decided to lay on top of all of my gear
The Bourbon Chase 2011