You might think we’re insane after you read this recipe, but just trust us here, you should try this recipe.
These “blondies” contain chickpeas. Remember in our last post, Millet + Chickpea Summer Salad, when I mentioned that I had a weird craving for chickpeas? Well… let’s just say that I dove off the deep end. And the results are absolutely delicious. These “blondie” recipe is lightly adapted from Katie’s Snickerdoodle Blondie recipe over at Chocolate Covered Katie.
- 1 can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. ground flax seed
- 3 TBSP Peanut Butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 TBSP Pumpkin Puree (or applesauce)
- 2 tsp. Molasses
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2.5 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 c. Water (optional- use to thin out batter)
- Preheat oven to 350, grease a 8×8 pan (or a 7×11 worked in our case!)
- Put all ingredients into a food processor, blend until smooth, adding water as needed until you get a thick batter.
- Gently stir in any mix-ins such as chocolate chips, mashmallows, other candies (peanut butter cup pieces would be DELICIOUS in this!)
- Bake for 30 minutes, until “blondies” are almost finished- they’ll firm up as they cool!
If you clicked on over to Katie’s recipe, which we highly suggest you do, you’ll see that we only made a few changes from her original recipe. We didn’t have vanilla, baking soda or applesauce. We also reduced the sugar in the original recipe!
If you don’t think we’re crazy enough already, this tasted absolutely delicious straight out of the food processor. I’m pretty sure it would be a great dip for apples, pretzels or for any other dippable food.