Hello friends! I was searching for a recipe today to make as a snack for the week! I’m juggling two jobs- one as a front desk receptionist at Body Structure Medical Fitness Facility, and one as a nanny to 3.5yr old triplet boys! Last week, I made a gluten free version of the Double “P” Puppy Treats for myself (they’re human friendly and quite tasty when rolled in sugar+ginger powder prior to baking!)
I thought about making another cracker sort of treat for this week, but alas, I was out of gluten free flour! I was checking out a few blogs last night and found a recipe for GF Oat Squares, but my Google search today didn’t lead me to that same recipe so I made this one up!
- 2 cups steel-cut gluten-free oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup milk (used skim)
- 2 eggs
- 3 scoops of vanilla whey protein powder (I used the “Smart Sense” brand found at Kmart, we had a gift card)
- 1/3 cup honey (local and raw!)
- 1.5TBSP ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk wet ingredients together
- Add in the protein powder & whisk.
- Add in the oats, mix. (The batter will be pretty runny)
- Pour into an 11x7in oiled pan (or use foil and oil the foil!)
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until edges are browning and center isn’t jiggly.
These have a wonderful vanilla flavor! I can imagine stirring in coconut, nuts, raisins or chocolate chips and peanut butter into the batter for a sweet treat!
My recipe yielded 14 bars, I stored half away in the freezer and I’ve got half sitting in the fridge- ready to grab as I dash out the door!