I am so happy to announce that I was chosen to be a Liberté Brand Ambassador! What does that mean? It means that I get to represent an awesome company and share all about the delicious yogurts that Liberté makes. My favorite yogurt is their plain Greek yogurt, and as much a I love eating it plain or with a drizzle of honey, I wanted to make something that would take it to the next level.
I really wanted some granola. I can’t justify paying $4+ for a bag of gluten-free granola so I decided to make my own. I wasn’t about to turn on my oven on this hot, muggy morning (summer is around the corner) and I created this microwave granola recipe!
Granola in the microwave? It only took three minutes and it is delicious! With just a few ingredients, you can make this simple, wholesome granola recipe at home.
3 Minute Microwave Granola
Makes four 1/4c. servings.
Make a couple of servings of crunchy granola in a flash. This recipe is easy to throw together, and you can customize your granola after cooling.
- 1c. Rolled Oats (we used Gluten-Free; Instant Oats may work, but would probably have a flaky texture)
- 1T Coconut Oil (unsalted butter or any neutral flavored oil may work as well)
- 1T Honey (other liquid sweeteners might work: maple syrup, agave, etc.)
- 1/2tsp. Cinnamon (or 1/2tsp. of any other spices, a pinch of ginger
- pinch of Salt
- Mix-Ins (seeds, nuts, dried fruit, shredded coconut, chocolate, etc.)
- Mix Oats, Cinnamon and Salt in a microwavable glass container.
- Microwave Coconut Oil and Honey for 30 seconds.
- Swirl Honey and Coconut Oil to combine, pour over Oat mixture.
- Stir to combine. Microwave for one minute, stir. Return to microwave for another minute, stir. Microwave for thirty seconds, stir.
- Let granola cool thoroughly before adding any chopped fruits or chocolate. You can add in nuts or seeds while the granola is still hot.
- I used the regular power on my microwave. If your microwave tends to heat things quickly, you may need to stir your mixture more frequently, possibly every 30 seconds. You will want to stir to make sure that your granola doesn’t burn.
- Using a shallow glass bowl works better than a deeper bowl- you can disperse the granola and it crisps better.
- I haven’t tried using any other oils or liquid sweeteners, but I’ll update this post if I do.
- If doubling this recipe, I would use a glass pie plate to use in the microwave. I haven’t tried making a double batch (I ran out of oats, oops!)
Yogurt + granola is mighty tasty, but I wanted something a little more special. I had a jar of blackberry jam that I picked up at the Montgomery Farmer’s Market, and I thought a blackberry and granola parfait sounded mighty delicious.
Make a Parfait!
- Plain Liberté Greek yogurt
- Blackberry Jam (no sugar added) from TS Farms in New Vienna, Ohio
- 3 Minute Microwave Granola
Let me know if you try making your own granola in the microwave! What would be in YOUR parfait?